Sunday, July 27, 2014

Sunday Blog - AM/BW groups . . . so . . . . yeah

I'm a member of numerous AM/BWgroups (in introvert terms, that means I troll them suckers until I am comfortable answering a post. .  . don't judge me). It's okay. I'm not trying to meet anyone on the internet these days - LOOOOOOOONNNNNNNGGGGG story that ends with Alanis Morrisette  being played while photos get sliced up with a butter knife. But that's another post.

This one is about the state of females in general these days and the thought of being an actual lady in your bearing. Many women seem to think it's okay to be less than ladylike to get a man's attention. I don't know why it seems legit to put your booty, boobs, and naked flesh out there in hopes to find a good man. I'm not seeing the logic. Are you really looking for a good man or are you looking for a jump off? I'm just asking because I see it a lot in my groups. Now, if that's how you want to get down, by all means twerk and jiggle until your heart's content. If it's getting a man's attention and that's what you want go right ahead. But I wonder, and follow me now because I'm probably about to piss some of these girls off. Especially in the arena of interracial dating, it's bad enough that Black women are usually portrayed as oversexed, easy lays, and ignorant. Shouldn't we be careful how we show ourselves to others? Again if you are in fact oversexed, an easy lay, and ignorant, be true to yourself, boo. I'm not telling you to change anything. But I feel like that image will attract the wrong man regardless if he's Black, White, Latino, Native, Samoan, Asian, or unspecified. Why do you think doing the same thing in a different arena will give you different results? Or maybe again, you like being used and discarded, having pretty interracial babies but no ring to show for it, or you're not looking for a relationship at all you're just experimenting. I'm cool with that. Again, do you. But for us who are ladies in the realest sense of the word (You ain't seeing nothing on this body unless we're on our honeymoon, hunty, This is expensive real estate!), it makes it kind of crappy to be in these groups and see the goings ons and wondering if I was trying to meet someone with sense in the group, I probably won't because of their expectations.

Or maybe I'm a killjoy and I'm reading too much into this.  .  .

Or maybe my expectations for women and men are higher than they should be.  .   .

Or maybe I should put on something tight and revealing and show myself off on Thirsty Thursdays. If I get a man's attention, why not?

Or maybe the same idiots exist no matter what their outer appearance is and I need to steer clear of these men regardless so the nekkid sisters with no filter in the groups are actually helping me in my weeding process.

In that case, good looking out, twerking, naked girl! You're doing me a great service.


(And that my friends, is me being sarcastic. God forgive me!)

No comments:

Post a Comment