Tuesday, August 12, 2014

European Trip Day Two - Feels Like Home

So what it took me a long time to write about day two of my European trip? I was busy! With that said, on with the blog...  .  

I'm still dealing with jetlag and the surreal realization that not only am I in another country, I'm totally off the grid (Sprint is not even having it!) And being off the grid I am away from everything that makes me feel comfort - my parents, my siblings, and Facebook! The only thing I have is Skype and it's unreliable at best. So here I am in a European country with nothing but me and my city smarts.

Asnières-sur-Seine 



They don't help me here. Because Parisians are a whole level other of snarky. The subway isn't the same, the city vibe is just not the same. I'm trying to see the charm of Paris, but I can't right now. I guess because I'm also from a big city. It's okay. I can sense that Paris is older than USA. The air is different, the feeling is different, like it is full of history where USA is full of promise and youth.

We're in the Lourve today. And I see all of the art that people only speak about. Mona Lisa, is underwhelming, but the Lourve itself is a work of art. So many things to see and to experience. How does a person take it all in and remember?

What stop lights?

So that's it?!


Tonight we dine in a small bistro in the neighborhood of Ainsieres. It's like being in Brooklyn to me even down to the dog poop on the street and the street art. Again, it's like being at home except no one is speaking English. The bistro owner, Tony, is pleasant and is excited about the amount of money he is getting from the Americans who are not afraid to eat what he serves. I have Bavette and frittes. (Steak and potatoes) but it's not simply that. It is divine. I have wine that is so sweet and good that my roommate gets totally wasted on it (Wine is cheaper than soda in Paris). I go back to my room tipsy which means it's bed time!

Day two in Europe completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment