Tuesday, August 12, 2014

European Trip Day 1 - The flying school bus and the big payoff.

May 21, 2014
I'm all packed and ready to go. I do my last check in my room, have a travelling mercy prayer with mom and dad because I'm freaking out, get in my car and I'm on my way to the airport for Paris, France, my first leg of the European tour. So I'm leaving about 4: 30 in the afternoon and so it's the wait to get on the plane. Basically, I'm scared out of my freaking mind. I'm about ready to go nuts because I don't like flying, I don't like flying and I don't like flying (Did I mention that I don't like flying?)  I try to reassure myself that I'm going to be on a big plane so I'll be just fine. .  .  .
Until I see the plane.
Then I'm panicking. How is this flying cheese wagon going to get me across the Atlantic ocean to a place I've never been!? I don't care if it's an AirBus 330, this sucker looks like an old yellow school bus with engines. And then it has the nerve to be sold out so I'm on the plane with 239 other brave souls trying to get to Paris. I am already white knuckle and ready to cry because this is sucker ain't going to make it!
We take off. .  .  .
I'm gonna die and I'm not married yet. Lord this isn't my fate!!!!
Did I mention this plane is small?!
The flight is like six flags Nitro. I'm supposed to sleep on this thing?!
One small bottle of white wine and two Advil pm later.  . .
Oh did I fall asleep? Wow, is that land? Am I in France?
I knew we'd make it.  . .

Worth the the rickety rocket plane ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment