Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Where I live. It used to be the hood . . .

This popped up one day!

So if you ask the recent transplants to my neighborhood, they'll tell you with a straight face that they live in Crow Hill. Crow Hill is basically Franklin Avenue from Easter Parkway to Saint Mark's Avenue in Brooklyn (That's like a five block radius by the way. So not a neighborhood!). So I like to tell people, I used to live in the hood, but now I live in a place called Crow Hill that's teeming with annoying hipsters who are trying to hi-jack my neighborhood instead of just chilling with us. No offense to you artists, but I'm not paying $2500 dollars for a one bedroom because you decided to leave the hipster mecca known as Williamsburg to move where rents were decent and to live your dream and thus spike our rents up because of your presence. Yes, you are so being screwed by real estate agents. When you walk into what you think is Crow Hill and you find out that no, this is actually Crown Heights and yes, some places are sketchy and the neighbors are loud and boisterous, you can't sit on the curb or someone else's porch (Seriously, you don't live here!) and we don't need three bars in a one block radius! I don't mind the diversifying of my neighborhood, I'm all for it, but don't come and take it over like the original neighbors don't live there. What is wrong with you? This isn't Manifest Destiny! Geez!!!


Rant over

No comments:

Post a Comment