Thursday, June 12, 2014

Hair Confessions: I won't do a hair blog and here's why. . .

I'm a natural girl. The reason is simple, my low tolerance for burning my very sensitive scalp with relaxers. Since I like having hair, I did the most sensible thing and let my hair be.  So far, I've been natural for four years. My hair would have been longer had I ran from my mother and her hair shears (Mama Bear was a licensed beautician and a Nurse. She can do it all!) I did research on my hair type and try to keep it healthy and moisturized as much as possible. 

For me, just because I have natural hair doesn't mean I'm inspired to make up a regimen and tell you all about it. In fact, I do this method most of the time because it makes my hair behave. I am not too caught up in length but more health at this point. I want to have a big ole fro but not at the expense of my sanity. I keep it simple. So why bore you with the details?

A whole blog about my boring behind hair story? That's not necessary. An occasional post about how I have issues with people touching my hair (you may as well grab my boob!), girls who have to say something about the texture (I didn't ask you, Felicia, bye!), and trying to find a styling gel that won't make me look like Frederick Douglas? I can do that. But a whole blog?!  Nu sir!

I love the community that has been inspired to help us lazy behinds care for the hair we have. You guys are wonderful, you'll never have to worry about me joining your ranks!

Me and my hair.  The only pic you'll ever see.  .  .

No comments:

Post a Comment